WHY we collect personal Information?
We need to collect and use personal information to run our business – to do things like:
- fulfil orders for goods and services.
- operate our online services.
- provide commercial credit and finance
- provide training, product, and service information.
- manage customer and other business relationships.
- deal with inquiries and feedback.
- improve our products and services.
- conduct events, promotions, competitions, and research.
- promote and market our company, products and services.
- understand our customers and community and tailor our products, services, marketing, offers, invitations, and communications to suit their needs; and
- recruit staff and manage contractors.
WHAT kinds of personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about our consumer customers, business contacts, job applicants, and others. Depending on the circumstances, we may collect their names and contact details, and information about their:
- transactions with us,
- use of our products and services.
- subscription preferences.
- interests and skill levels.
- participation in events, promotions and competitions that we offer
- job applications; and
- other interactions and communications with us.
WHAT kinds of personal information do we collect? (continued)
We may collect financial, credit-related and identity verification information about people to provide them or related entities with commercial credit or finance, lend equipment, operate product trade in programs, or to comply with legislation like anti-money laundering laws and counter-terrorism laws.
We collect information about how people use our digital properties (including websites, social media sites, apps and electronic communications) and third-party websites (digital interactions). Also, if people share an image with us, we may collect the metadata (such as camera details and geolocation data) attached to that image (image metadata). Usually, the digital interactions data and image metadata we collect is anonymous. However, where a person signs up for one of our services, we may link their digital interactions data and image metadata (past and future) to them. We may also attribute and add to such data-anonymised data from third party sources, such as consumer analytic data from data aggregators. In that case we will treat all such data as personal information.
We provide opportunities for people to share additional information with us if they wish, such as product wish lists, imaging interests, experience level, preferences, product reviews, and social network profiles.
HOW we approach Direct Marketing
We like being direct and we don’t like imposing.
We will only send direct marketing communications to people if we have their consent, or the law otherwise permits. We may use any personal information we have collected about a person to tailor those communications to reflect their needs.
We will always provide a simple way to opt out of any direct marketing from us.
WHO do we usually disclose personal information?
We need to share some personal information we hold with other businesses to enable them to help us with services like data storage, business processes, deliveries and so on. We only disclose what is necessary for them to do their job, and they are contractually obliged to keep your details safe.
HOW do we protect personal information?
We know how important it is to keep personal information secure, so we have a range of processes in place, including:
- using secure servers and other appropriate measures to protect electronic data;
- measures to control internal access, physical access restrictions, network structures, passwords and access tracking.
- secure third-party online payment methods
- And when information isn’t needed anymore, we’ll make sure it gets destroyed, deleted or de-identified.
HOW can I get in touch about my personal information?
If we hold personal information about you, you have rights to access it and/or ask us to correct it if it’s wrong. All you need to do is contact our Privacy Officer.
Please also contact our Privacy Officer if you have any concerns or complaints about how we’ve handled your personal information. They will investigate and respond in writing as quickly as possible. If you’re not satisfied after that, it’s your right under the privacy legislation to lodge a complaint
Here’s how you can reach our Privacy Officer:
Colourworks Australia Pty Limited
Unit 1, 7 Pambalong Drive
Mayfield West NSW 2304
1300 351 594
This policy may be updated from time to time.
Colourworks Australia Pty Limited Last updated: October 24, 2022
Terms and Conditions
By your continued use of the Website you are deemed to agree to and accept the terms of this Agreement.
If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement you should not continue to use this site.
Colourworks is committed to protecting your privacy. We comply with the National Privacy Principles and all other relevant Australian legislation.
Colourworks may collect anonymous information about your usage of the Website such as your IP Address and the pages you visit. We may also collect any personal information you choose to provide to us via the "Contact Us" page. We may send HTML-based emails to you from time to time and track whether you choose to open these emails. This information is collected primarily to improve your visit to the Website and to optimize your viewing experience.
We may use any email addresses provided by you to us via the "Contact Us" page or by any other means to send updates and news regarding Colourworks or the Website. You may choose not to receive communications of this type by "opting out" at the bottom of any such email communication.
We use reasonable measures to ensure that any information collected by us is kept private however we cannot guarantee the security of such information despite such efforts.
Other than as provided in this Agreement, we will not disclose any personal information to any Third Parties without your consent unless we are required to do so by law or to enforce the terms of this Agreement or in the event of the sale of Colourworks to any third party.
3. USE OF THE WEBSITE
This Website is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You are strictly prohibited from the following:
- downloading, copying, altering, modifying, distributing, adapting, modifying and/or re-transmitting any or all of the content on the Website without our written consent;
- using the Website or content therein for any commercial use
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
We either own or have a valid licence to use all intellectual property included on this Website, including, but not limited to registered and unregistered trade marks, graphics, logos, text, images, audio, video clips, software, data compilations, button icons and digital downloads.
Nothing contained herein grants you any licence or any right to use, in any way, any of the intellectual property included on the Website without our prior written consent.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and without cause, to restrict or terminate your access to the Website, without prior notice to you and without incurring any liability.
Third Party Websites
The Website may contain links to third party websites. We do not monitor such websites, are not responsible for the material and content included on them and are not responsible for any potential damage arising out of or in connection with your use of such links. Any User access to third party websites at their own risk.
Use of the Website and Technical Issues
Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that our website is free from infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of our Website or from the conduct of any other Users on the Website. The Website is provided "as is" and "as available" and we expressly disclaim any warranty of fitness for any particular purpose or non-infringement.
Our Website is controlled, hosted and offered from its facilities in Australia. We make no representations as to the availability or appropriateness of the Website for use from other territories. Any access from other territories is at the User’s own risk and the User is responsible for compliance with any local laws.
Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT FOR ANY LIABILITY THAT BY LAW CANNOT BE EXCLUDED, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL Colourworks, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT LOSS OR DAMAGE, COST (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LEGAL COSTS) WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY USE OR ACCESS OR INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS THE WEBSITE.
YOU INDEMNIFY AND AGREE TO KEEP HARMLESS Colourworks AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS IN RESPECT OF ANY CLAIM, PROCEEDINGS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LEGAL EXPENSES) ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH BY YOU OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY NEGLIGENT ACT OR OMMISSION IN PERFORMING YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR THE INFRINGEMENT BY YOU OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY.
- This Agreement is governed in accordance with the laws of NSW, Australia and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state of NSW, Australia.
- Any failure of ours to exercise or enforce any right or provision in this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of that right or provisions.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the User and Colourworks in relation to any use of the Website.
- The terms of this Agreement may not be assigned by you but may be assigned by Colourworks without restriction.
- If any part of this Agreement is found to be invalid or of no force or effect under any applicable laws, the Agreement shall be interpreted as though such part had not been inserted and the rest of the Agreement shall retain its full force and effect.
- Colourworks reserves its right to amend the terms of this Agreement from time to time. Your continued use of the Website following such amendments constitutes your acceptance of such revised terms.